Home learning provides students with opportunities to consolidate their classroom learning, pattern behaviour for lifelong learning beyond the classroom and involve family members in their learning. The setting of home learning takes into account the need for the students to have a balanced lifestyle. This includes sufficient time for family, recreational and cultural pursuits.
Home learning that enhances student learning:
- Is purposeful and relevant to students' needs
- Is appropriate to the stage of learning
- Is appropriate to the capability of the student
- Develops the student's independence as a learner
- Is varied, challenging and clearly related to class work
- Allows for student commitment to recreational, family and cultural activities.